Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
A moist, easy and delicious bread that everyone will love!
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature (or 2 flax eggs)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, (or gluten free all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 metal loaf pan; set aside.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas; set aside.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together butter and sugars for 2 to 3 minutes, until well combined and fluffy (you can also use a stand mixer.)
Add in the eggs, mashed banana and vanilla and mix well.
Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt onto the wet ingredients, then fold in until just combined. Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the bread is set and a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION varies depending on ingredients used. The calculated nutrition info below includes using 2 eggs.
- Butter: You can use vegan or regular butter.
- Sugar: This recipe uses a combination of brown and white sugar. You can replace the sugar with coconut sugar, if desired.
- Eggs: Instead of egg you can make a flax egg with ground flaxseed. Combine 1 tablespoon flaxseed with 2 1/2 tablespoons of water. Mix the flaxseed and water together to make a "flax egg."
- All Purpose Flour: You can use gluten free 1-1 all purpose flour.
Calories: 243kcal, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 204mg, Potassium: 34mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 16g, Vitamin A: 45IU, Calcium: 50mg, Iron: 2mg